Monday, September 11, 2006

Where were you when it happened?

I was sleeping. I slept through the whole thing, from the first plane hitting, to the last tower collapsing. My mom called up to me to tell me to get downstairs because the World Trade Center had been destroyed. I thought "What is she talking about? I just want to sleep, leave me alone!" My mom watches the news all the time so she reiterates avery segment. So, I turned on my radio and on the morning show I listen to, Eric and Kathy were talking about it. Eric was just saying "They're gone...the towers are just gone!" I was so confused, I honestly didn't know what the World Trade Center was. When I went downstairs and saw what was going on, I just sat on the couch and cried with my mom. I couldn't believe someone was doing this and I was so scared because Todd was a medic and he was working downtown. My sister Fran worked in downtown Chicago and I was so scared for her. She came home, but Todd had to work. I just wanted him to be careful. I was glued to the TV for the rest of the day. I even remember my work calling early that morning saying not to bother coming in, that the store was closing for the day. I had forgotten I had to work, I wasn't even planning on coming in. We went to a prayer meeting at my church that evening and I just cried. I knew no one in those towers, but I didn't have to. It was the fact that it was something commited against humanity. All those people. It was just awful. Still to this day, seeing those images, watching some of the specials on TV about it, I just cry, because I still can't believe it.

0 comments: