Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Going to the doc today...

Ava's fever broke yesterday, but she's really sick. She has a sore throat, a horrible croup like cough, nunny nose, post nasal drip, and swollen lymph nodes. There's one on the right side of her neck that is huge. Yesterday and last night were rough. I think I got about 4 hours of sleep last night. She slept with me and she coughed the whole night. I kept getting her medicine, and it seemed to help, but then I was back up every couple hours. I made her a lullaby CD from some iTunes and that made her happy. She was talking about songs at 3am. 


She woke up today and she seems to be feeling better, like she is her normal self, but she's still really sick. She has ballet today at 1, and I was debating not letting her go. But, she only has 3 more classes before her recital and she needs to practice. Its only a half hour. I'll load her up with purell and tell her not to touch anyone. She's past the contagious part anyway, but still, I'm terrified of her getting any kids sick. Then she'll be going to the doctor at 3. 

I had a wedding that I was supposed to get up online by Saturday, but between this absolutely insane Christmas and now Ava being sick, I've been behind. I really really really hate being behind. The stress it creates in the pit of my stomach is crazy. And I get snippy with everyone. I go into this mode where I think no one can do anything without me and I want everyone to just leave me alone. Then I start thinking about everything else I have to do and I start to panic. I am on this computer probably 85% of my day. It's draining. I really do need an assistant or something. I can't do all of this by myself. But, I hate giving anyone control. Sometimes that seems more stressful. When it's out of my hands. Eh. Whatever the case is, I have to finish that wedding today. Somehow. I shouldn't even be taking the time to blog, but I find it eases my mind when I can get it all out on paper. Or...pixels. 

Ok day, here I come.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Ugh, poor Ava. I hope she's feeling better soon.. I read your other post too and I can't imagine how scary the whole fever situation would be.

BTW, thanks for the tips on my whole solids situation. I gave Mason some apples today with more BM mixed in than usual and it seemed to go over much better. :)

Christina Ragusin said...

Thanks, she seems to be a lot better this morning! :)

Oh yay! I'm so glad it helped!!

Rebecca said...

Wow, sounds like you have your hands full. Hopefully the worst is over with Ava and once you get your wedding finished you can BREATHE!

Until then...

big breath in...

big breath out...

big breath in...

big breath out...

Phew... Now stretch your arms up over your head and lean to the side... lean to the other side...

Just wanted to remind you in case you forgot what to do!

(yes, I have attended WAY too many work out classed to have such a huge rear!)

Jessica Bensema said...

Oh man, I hope she feels all better soon. I hope you get your rest and work done as well. I hate the feeling of so much to do in little time. I'm sure the couple will understand your situation with the holidays and family illnesses.