Sunday, December 14, 2008

Who turned on the waterworks?!

Seriously? What the heck? The past two weeks, it has been a constant battle of melodramatics. I would rather Ava scream and be mad at me. But no, I say "no." and she runs into the other room, throws herself on the nearest soft object and bawls her eyes out. I don't even yell. I might say "Not right now, give me a second," and she will start crying as if I told her I don't love her anymore. She doesn't even get mad. She goes into hysterics like I injured her, or hurt her feelings. She is just so absolutely dumbfounded and hurt that I could possibly say no. It's ridiculous. I'm not sure if they're crocodile tears or if she is seriously amazed that someone wouldn't let her have her way right now. But the tears run like faucets and the guilt sets in fast. She really makes me feel like I'm hurting her. It's driving me insane! Can someone please escort the drama queen out of here?? I don't know how to deal with this! I know, I'll get a pic of it next time it happens. Give it a few minutes.

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yea.... I've already noticed the girl drama over here... Great to know it only gets worse!

Jacob started crying and whining last night when I told him to get ready for bed... So then I said, "fine, I'm going to take a picture of you crying and whining" and got the camera... He then couldn't help but laugh... Until I turned off the camera!