Like my husband. He's impossible. He actually asked me for something this year. He's a gamer, and he plays World of Warcraft. The one thing he asked for was a World of Warcraft mouse. Fine. So, I go to get him this mouse (which is $100 btw!!!) and the company cannot keep up with the demand (does that seem weird to anyone else?), so even the preordered ones are going to be received after Christmas. Ok, so now I have to come up with something else. Ugh. 10 days left till Christmas.
So, I just typed in Google "gifts for guys" and clicked on one of the sites. I searched around for "gadgets" and I come up with this hilarious list of gadgets. Do people actually buy these things? Some of the things on the website I could understand. Some things were awesome. But some things had my eyebrow going up. We are way too high tech for our own good. It's ridiculous. So, I've come up with a list of top 10 great gift ideas for those hard to buy for people. Here you go:
10. Tengu Sound Toy
Hours in front of the computer got you feeling a bit lonely? Have no fear, Tengu is here! Tengu is a USB-powered character that lights up and lip syncs to music, or your voice, or whatever noise happens to be around at the time. Tengu has different facial expressions that you can match to different music. When there's no sound he'll simply fall asleep, as soon as he detects some noise he'll wake up again.
This is too funny. Normally, I would try calling a friend or getting off the computer if I were lonely. I can't imagine this guy could ever get annoying either. Never.
9. Brightfeet Lighted Slippers
Headlights These light-up slippers keep you from tripping or stumbling when you move through your home at night. When you put the slippers on, the pressure of your toes turns on the bright LED light in the toe to guide you to the refrigerator or bathroom without stumbles or stubbed toes.
Why do we need silly gadgets when we could use something so ingenious that it was invented years ago? Turn on a light!
8. Vuzix iWear Widescreen Video Glasses
These widescreen video glasses transform your iPod into a virtual 52" 16x9 widescreen personal theater for on-the-go entertainment. Never before has a pair of video glasses come this close to a real widescreen experience! Now you can enjoy video games or watch 2D and 3D movies in widescreen format anywhere, anytime.
Yes, because you don't look like a dork with your phone stuck to your ear, you should probably stick a tv to your eyes too.
7. Doggie Driver
Doggie Driver swings like a golf club to throw a tennis ball up to 100 yards. Go out and have a ball! Give your dog some chase-and-fetch exercise while practicing your golf swing and follow-through at the same time. The launcher swings like a normal club, throws a tennis ball up to 300 feet and even picks up the retrieved ball for you.
Ok, this is kinda cute, but has anyone thought of actually throwing the ball? Or maybe taking a club to a tennis ball? Why do we need a gadget for this?
6. Retro Handset For Cell Phones
As cell phones get ever smaller, the tactile joy of talking into a solid ergonomic handset with easy-to-hear sound quality is quickly becoming a fond memory. Use this Novophone handset to talk on the go without sacrificing style and comfort. The authentic coiled wire is long enough to let your cell sit comfortably in your pocket while you talk.
I don't have much to say about this one. Sometimes I think we're too high tech for our own good, and sometimes I think we want so badly to be stuck in the 80's. Or the 70's.
5. Pet's Eye View Camera
Get a pet's eye view of the world, like National Geographic scientists do with our Crittercam, featured in PBS's Wild Chronicles. This ultra-compact and extremely durable digital camera clips onto your pet's collar, just like an ID tag. Water-resistant ABS housing keeps it secure while your pet roams, giving you the chance to see what the world through his eyes.
Well, my dog usually lays around most of the time, so you can understand why it would be useless to me. But, unless you are a K-9 officer, do you really need something like this?
4. USB Beverage Chillers & Warmers
The CoolIT USB Beverage Chiller is the only way to keep your drink cold while you're at your computer. And it looks cool on any desktop! The next must-have computer accessory is here. With the USB Beverage Chiller at your side, you can keep your beverage chilled and stay at your computer longer. Just seconds after plugging the chiller into your computer's USB port (no external outlet needed).
I just see this being a bad idea all around. It supports laziness AND I'm seeing my drink all over my computer because I accidentally tripped on the cord or something.
3. Hydrogen Fuel Rocket
Turn ordinary tap water into clean-burning fuel – and launch this rocket up to 200 feet high. Generate your own hydrogen fuel using simple tap waterRocket soars up to 200 feet highElectronic command center narrates fun hydrogen factsRocket sails back to the ground with a unique helicopter recovery system . Ready to launch in minutes.
o.O Really? Thats just crazy. I have to hide this one from my husband. He's going to want one, I know it.
2. Mega Margarita Machine
Our Ultimate Margaritaville Margarita Maker is a must-have for true frozen drink connoisseurs. Forget the blender--our restaurant quality machine professionally shaves ice and blends it with your favorite ingredients for consistently smooth results. Automated settings are pre-programmed to shave and blend one, two or three drinks effortlessly in seconds, or you can select manual operation. Easily blends whole fruit, and channels melting ice into a rear reservoir to prevent watered-down drinks.
Ok, this one is actually going on my list. As soon as I'm not pregnant, Girly Night here I come!!
1. Eyeclops Night Vision Goggles
Powered by infrared technology, these night vision goggles are the real deal. Unlike the other toy “night vision goggles” that use little green lights, these night vision goggles use a real infrared imager, onboard camera and LCD monocle that lets you see in complete darkness. It has two modes. Close-Proximity Stealth lets you move right up next to your “target” without being detected.
Is That A Baby In Your Pants Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?
-
Kids today, with all their weird hobbies:
(PS - Oh! Hey! Think this is Isabella?)
*****
Ariel's company wanted their vision statement written on a cake...
11 hours ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment