Monday, December 11, 2006

Genius child!!

Yesterday at my family's holiday get together, Ava gave me a nice little gift. She counted to 10! I couldn't believe it! Everyone was opening presents and my mom was over by the coffee table with Ava. My mom came up to me and said "Hey, did you know she can count to 5?!" I just looked at her a little dumbfounded and said "No..." I didn't really believe her. Then she set up some plastic ornaments and started Ava counting with one. "On, two, ree, foh, fi..." I had tears running down my face as I listened to her. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Then (and this part gets a little muddled because I was so happy and amazed) I think Todd came over and helped her start again. "On, two, ree, foh, fi, si, dede, eee, ni, teh!" I was just so happy! But my baby is growing up soooo fast!! Of course we did not get it on tape, except for a few numbers. I've been trying since and she seems to avaoid the camera. But I swear she did it in front of a room of 17 people!! We've been working on numbers and letters and colors, but I think a lot of it has to do with Seseme Street. She loves that show as much as I did when I was a kid. And it really helps teach them the basics! So, maybe TV isn't so bad after all!

0 comments: