Saturday, May 02, 2009

Ok ok ok! Here's your update!

I've been wanting to blog for a month, but I haven't gotten around to it. I've been blogging in my head, but that doesn't really count, does it? Actually my main problem is I wanted to blog about my visit to the hospital to get my gallbladder removed. Oh, didn't hear about that? Yea, that's because it's a really freaking long story and it's been a huge "Oh I have to blog about that" stumbling block. It's been keeping me from blogging about anything else. So, here's your quick, short update so I can get it out of the way and move on.

March 30th at around 10pm I had a major gallbladder attack. Horrid, climb the walls, Oh my God I'm going to die pain. When it didn't stop after like 4 hours, we packed up the girls and headed to the hospital. They did an ultrasound, admitted me, took away my food and drink privileges and told me I'd be having surgery soon. The next day I went in around 2pm and they took out my evil, sadistic gallbladder. "Many, many, teeny tiny stones" my surgeon said. I pretty much slept for 18 hours after that. I felt pretty good on Wednesday and I thought I was going to be going home on Thursday. On Thursday morning, I still had pain. So they realized I still had stones in my duct. Awesome. I cried when they told me I had to stay for another day. I missed my girls and trying to keep up with breastfeeding when your child isn't nearby is quite a task. So they did another procedure where they stuck a tube down my throat and all the way through my insides to get to this opening the size of the tip of a ball point pen, cut that open more, and swept out the rest of the stones. I was pretty much asleep for that one so I didn't feel a thing. After that, I was feeling great! I was out by Friday evening and by the end of the weekend I was pretty much 100%. The only real struggle was being away from my family for almost a week. Especially Lily, who was only 4 weeks old!

There, so that's the story. I can now move on with my blogging! :D

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hooray for getting past your mental blog block! I SO know how that goes!

And I LOVE the new blog look!