I just wanted to show off some of the things I've learned in Photoshop over the years. I've never taken any formal classes, but I've picked up some tips and tricks along the way that have helped. Sometimes it amazes me what you can do with this program. Anyway, there is one photograph from a wedding that I did recently that kept bugging me. I, for one, love smile lines. I might be weird, but I wish I had them because it always makes me think someone is a very happy person when they have them. However, a bride may not want to see her smile lines up close and in person on her wedding day. So, after I put up the pictures, I kept going back to this one photograph, thinking I should have changed it a bit for her. So, this morning, in a matter of 5 minutes, I did. I think I'm going to put this one back up online like this for her. Now, this woman is gorgeous to begin with, and I don't like the idea of changing anyones features to make them prettier. So, I didn't really do much, but I think what I did do, really brought out her most gorgeous feature- her eyes. I always thought her eyes were probably the most amazing eyes I've seen, and I told her so at our initial meeting. So, I wanted to show them off for her. So, what my camera couldn't do with the sunset sky, I did with Photoshop. Anyway, take a look and tell me what you think! I'll mention what I did do for those who have used Photoshop before, but if you would like a little tutorial on anything, let me know.
Before

After

Ok, here's what I did:
1. I lightened the entire photo to start.
2. I took out a little yellow (-5) with the color color balance.
3. I used the patch tool and selected the skin around her face, and then used a glaussian blur on the selection (1.5), just to smooth out her skin a little.
4. I did an eye pop on her eyes. (just a bit of dodge, burn and sponge tools)
5. I whitened her teeth a little with dodge and sponge- the yellow in the flower was reflecting on her.
6. I used the patch tool to take any individual wrinkles off her face or fly aways from her hair.
7. I also used dodge to lighten her veil and the highlights in her hair.
That's it! So, yea I think I'm going to put this one back up online for her like this. So, there ya go, a little show off from me. Let me know if you want a little tutorial!


2 comments:
Very nice Christina, very nice!
I always love seeing how people edit photos!
Awesome job! It definitely brought out her beautiful eyes!
Post a Comment