Sunday, October 26, 2008

Exhausted!

Todd is at work today and I'm getting up the gumption to finish editing this wedding so I can put it up online for the couple. I had a pretty long day yesterday at a wedding, but it was a good one. The bride and groom paid for a permit to take pictures at Lake Katherine, but for the last two weeks we had been scrambling to find an indoor spot in the south suburbs to take pics because rain was in the forecast. I was so happy that not only was there no rain, but there was sun as well! It was freezing, but we got a LOT of great shots! That pretty much made my day.

Sometimes I forget that I'm pregnant and I need to take it easy. I'll work a wedding like I'm not growing a baby in my belly. One that I'm supposed to be protecting. I feel bad when I push myself too much just to see if I can. It's not about me, its about her. I usually will be on my 80% of the day, going back and forth taking pictures here and there, and come the reception I'm all over the place getting everything I can. I absolutely love it. I usually only sit down for dinner or when we are traveling to the next destination. Thats pretty much what I did yesterday. I worked 14 hours, and probably 12 of them I was on my feet. And I'm feeling it today. I'm usually pretty out of it the next day after a wedding, but with this pregnancy, it really takes me out of commission. I'm totally useless today! I'll probably spend the day hanging out with Ava and maybe getting this other wedding up online.

3 more weddings to go till Im off for 5 months!! Yay!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

The same thing happens to me - I generally don't think about being pregnant until the end of they day when I'm completely WIPED OUT and can't figure out why... then I remember, "Oh, because there is a little life inside me STEALING all my energy!"

Although I'd much rather be distracted, busy and exhausted than sitting around WAITING like I did with Jacob!

Christina Ragusin said...

Very true! Waiting is the hardest part!!