Oh this girl has her moments. I'm not sure why, but the past few days, Ava has been extra whiney. I think its a bit of a power struggle for both of us. Yesterday and today, we did school and she just did not feel like finishing this one paper. It was just a color by number, which she does very well, but she just had no desire to do it. Yesterday, I let it go, figuring it just amounted to frustration with the days lessons. So, I saved it for today and again, she told me she didn't want to do it. That's when I realized she was trying to see if she could get her way. So, I pushed a little harder. The rest of the work for the day was pretty minimal, so I figured I could press her a little. So, I didn't back down, and told her we had a game to play if she finished. That didn't seem to work. So I told her I knew she could do it and if she didn't, I would put her in time out. That worked. Suddenly she was a star pupil! I'd rather the rewards fuel her than the punishments, but whatever works at this point.
A little later, she was playing around the house and she came to me crying. She had stubbed her toe and the nail was torn to the middle. She was bleeding a little bit and screaming a lot. Of course then I feel like the bad mom. I haven't cut her toenails in a while. Mainly, that is because lately, she puts up a big fuss and production over it. She used to be fine with me cutting her nails and would giggle when I did it. Then, the last time I tried, she screamed and kicked and acted as if I was pulling her toenails out! I hadn't even touched them yet! So, I just didn't feel like going through the production. Bad idea. So here she was with a ripped toenail and I had the torture device (aka nail clippers) in hand. It took me about a half hour to complete the job. And I know it didn't hurt a bit. And afterwards she says with a huge teary smile on her face, "Thanks mommy! Much better!" Yea. No problem. Anytime kid.
Well, I should get to work. I have a nice break of no meetings and no weddings until next Saturday, so I should really use it to catch up on editing the 4 weddings and designing the 2 albums I have. Yay. You know, funny thing. I love to go to the weddings and I have a blast, but I still have yet to find the fun in the post production of this. I'll let you know when I do.
Is That A Baby In Your Pants Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?
-
Kids today, with all their weird hobbies:
(PS - Oh! Hey! Think this is Isabella?)
*****
Ariel's company wanted their vision statement written on a cake...
11 hours ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment