Ava LOVES to dance. She has since she was really little. I had been thinking about putting her in some sort of dance class for a while, but I never got around to it. One day, we were at the park in my area and we had to run to the park district building for Ava to go potty. As soon as we walked in, the studio doors were open and there was a ballet class in session. "Wow!! Mommy look!!" She was so excited! I had to keep her quiet while we ran to the bathroom. When we came out, we started to walk out and she started crying hysterically. Not like temper tantrum crying. She was genuinely sad that we couldn't go in and dance. She kept saying "No mommy, PLEASE!! I want to do ballet, PLEASE!" I felt so bad. So after I got her calmed down, I went back in, got a flyer and found out that classes had just started that week. There was a 3yr old class and she had only missed one class. So, I called up the teacher, Miss Teresa and asked if I could still get Ava in. No problem.
So, every Monday, Ava has ballet class. And she loves it. She loves Miss Teresa and she does so well in class. She has a bit of a listening problem, but I think she's going to learn fast. Miss Teresa is a fantastic teacher. I love that she realizes these are 3 year olds and they are not going to be anywhere near precise. She shows them what to do and they do it. And they listen to her so well! I love watching Ava have a wonderful time learning something that she is so interested in.
This year the park district is having a big ballet show. There are 4 shows and the little ones (3 and 4 yr olds) are in one or two shows. I just got the paper today and I'm happy to see Ava is in two of the shows. January 16th and January 18th. I can NOT wait! Her first recital! I'm not sure yet about the costumes, they haven't told us yet what they are or how much, but Ava was measured today. I'm hoping they aren't too much. But I'm excited. I'll probably invite family and a few close friends to the show. We'll see!
Anyway, here are some pics from today. Not the best, but they move so fast! Enjoy!

One of her more graceful moments lol!
Leaping over "puddles"
Is That A Baby In Your Pants Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?
-
Kids today, with all their weird hobbies:
(PS - Oh! Hey! Think this is Isabella?)
*****
Ariel's company wanted their vision statement written on a cake...
11 hours ago


2 comments:
dance class is so fun! i bet you are "both" going to love it! :)
It's funny how in the black and white/color picture, Ava is facing you and all the other girls are facing the other way. I love that one.
Post a Comment