Thursday, February 05, 2009

I can do it myself!

Those are the words that have been coming out of Ava's mouth for quite a while. She is a pretty independent child. She likes to do everything and anything all by herself. She really likes the recognition she gets for it and she loves being a "big girl." She rarely asks for help when she knows she can do it. She can put her clothes on and take them off, including shoes and socks. She can let Samson in and out. She can unbuckle herself from her car seat (working on buckling). She can load a DVD into the player and press play when the menu comes up. She can put her dishes in the sink. She frequently will get the milk out and bring it to you if she is thirsty. That one is usually because we're not fast enough for her. It can be really great sometimes, except when you really don't want her to do something at that very moment. It's funny. There are so many things she can do on her own, yet she has to be told several times to clean her messes. Curious. Well, when she can do dishes and laundry and edit pictures and order reprints, I'll be really impressed! ;)


Oh, and she can get her goldfish down from the shelf in the pantry. We actually put all her favorite things up on that shelf so she wouldn't be able to reach them. Hmm....


2 comments:

Megan said...

She's so cute! And I just love what she's wearing. :)

Rebecca said...

I love that she dresses herself! SO DARN CUTE!

Soon I will know all about those princess dress outfits! YAY!

Now if she can change baby diapers you'll REALLY have hit the jackpot!