We LOVE Halloween around here! When else can you dress up to be anyone you want, run door to door and get candy, and it's ok to scare the heck out of people you don't even know!? It's great! Ava was Dorothy for Halloween this year and she totally played the part. She knew who she was and she would even skip from door to door singing "We're off to see the Wizard!" It was pretty darn cute. I think she made a perfect Dorothy.
I woke her up this morning and we made "pumpkin" pancakes (no not pumpkin flavored, just orange food coloring and funny faces in the pancakes). Then Todd fixed up our Halloween decorations outside. He did such a good job this year. Unfortunately, we hardly ever get any trick or treaters. Maybe 5 at most. I think we are the best looking Halloween house on the block, but nobody comes to visit. :( This year we had one kid, and he didn't even dress up. Awesome.
We decided to skip nap time and Ava and I made some decorations. She helped me make little spiders for the web outside (egg cartons, pipe cleaners and googallie eyes), and ghosts to hang from the ceiling fan (tissue paper and twine- they make creepy shadows on the wall inside and you can see them from the outside). We had a lot of fun!
Then we dressed her up in her costume and we were off to see the Wizard! She did SO well this year! She went up to every house and knocked (sometimes we had to push the doorbell for her) and stood back away from the door and waited until someone came out. She said "Trick or treat!" when they did and said "Thank you!" when she got her loot. I was so proud of her! There were a couple times that she got a little greedy though. One man gave her a handful of candy and then gave her a couple of cute pencils. She gave the pencils back and said "No thank you!" and asked for more candy! It was cute, but we had a little talk with her after that one haha! But overall she did a GREAT job!
After trick or treating (she lasted a whole hour!) we went down to our neighborhood bonfire for the first time this year. I'm surprised we never went! You could see the fire from our house! It was only a couple blocks away behind us, but it was still HUGE! I wish I had gotten a good picture of it. They had free delicious hot dogs and free pop, so that was awesome. We saw some old friends there and they had their little boy (The Hulk) running around with Ava. She had a blast and everyone thought she was the cutest little girl...I don't blame them!
We only stayed for a half hour though for two reasons. One, we wanted to drive to the grandmas houses to show Ava off. And two, because we both felt a little uncomfortable there. There were families everywhere and little kids, so that was fine. But there were teenagers...and I'm talking 14-15 year old girls in the most revealing costumes I have ever seen. I'm not talking midriffs here. I'm talking super short miniskirts and thigh high stockings. There were twins with super short (I can see your butt cheeks) boycut underwear with little rabbit tails on their butts and they had bunny ears and low cut cleavage shirts on. There was one girl who I only saw from the side, who had a super short, hip high tutu on and thigh high stockings on with stiletto heels. I have NO clue what she had on her butt, but all I could see from the side was her butt cheek. I was sure she was wearing a thong. Now, I'm not a complete prude. If you want to dress sexy for Halloween and you have the body for it, great, have fun. But if you are underage, please, have some respect for yourself! It is TOTALLY inappropriate! I know those girls' parents did not see their outfits before they went out of the house. And if they did, there is something seriously wrong with them! And these girls are old enough to know the dangers of enticing grown men like that. My poor husband! He wanted to leave because he felt like a pedophile! Imagine if there was a pedophile there!! It just really bothered me that I was at a neighborhood family gathering and I felt so uncomfortable there because of these girls. It scares me that I already have one girl and now I'm having another. Anyway, thats my little rant on that.
So after that we went to the grandma's houses to show off Ava. She was a big hit everywhere she went! We finally made it home around 11pm and pretty much went straight to bed! What a long day! But (minus the peep show) we had a great Halloween!
Is That A Baby In Your Pants Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?
-
Kids today, with all their weird hobbies:
(PS - Oh! Hey! Think this is Isabella?)
*****
Ariel's company wanted their vision statement written on a cake...
11 hours ago










1 comments:
Too cute!
You should come to our house - we had over 200 kids come by the first hour and our neighbor who did the entire time said he had over 400!
Post a Comment