Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Body Pillow Wars

I had been asking Todd to get me a body pillow for this pregnancy for a while. I was so excited when he came home a few weeks ago with this beautiful pink body pillow. I LOVE it. It helps SO much with trying to get comfortable. I can actually get some decent sleep with it.

Of course, a certain little girl decided it was the perfect size for her as well. Especially since it fits her length exactly. I would find her daily, dragging out my body pillow to lay on while she watched tv, or just for any reason really. She would ask to sleep on the body pillow every night. And of course, I would let her, because it was the only way I could get her to sleep in her own bed instead of crawling in ours. Not that I mind her sleeping with us, but my belly isn't getting any smaller and I can't get comfortable without a toddler in my bed, much less with one who loves to spread out. So, I finally got my body pillow, only to be upstaged by a 3ft tall midget.

So, yesterday, Ava and I went to the store to get some construction paper for some crafts I wanted to do for her school for Thanksgiving. Well, they didn't have construction paper (that is another frustrating story for another time...), but as I was walking out in a huff, something caught my eye. On an endcap, as if it had neon lights and arrows pointing to it, was this big pink body pillow with Disney princesses on it. I only hesitated a second. It was $20. $20 is a great price for some decent sleep for three and a half months. So I said "Look Ava! Just for you!" I can't tell you how excited she was. Her very own body pillow. I had to pry it out of her hands so we could go to ballet class yesterday! She has been with it for the rest of the time. She is laying on it right now, watching a movie. And I had a GREAT night's sleep last night! YAY!! A win/win situation! This war is over! Happiness ensues!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

We need a picture of this girl and her pink body pillow!

Rebecca said...

Oh, and I'm starting to need one too- where did you get the one that you love so much?