Monday, August 28, 2006

Why digital scrapbooking?

I'll tell you why! I love digital scrapbooking! Its so much easier than physically making a scrapbook. No mess to clean up and no worrying about little hands messing up the pages or eating the little pieces. I don't have to buy tools just to "cut" paper or eyelets or anything. Plus, my stash of paper and embelishments never run out! I can use them forever! They are files that you download from the designer's websites. You can use any image creation software to make your pages. Basically, I use Photoshop to put all the different papers and embelishments and pictures on each page. I can put a little drop shadow to make it look like it's an actual page 3D page. Plus, I'm not a big fan of my handwriting, so I can use any font I want. The possibilities are endless! You do have to pay for the "papers" and "embelishments" because they are other people's design, but they are reletively cheap, and again, you can use them forever. I plan on making a slideshow of Ava's 1st Year Album when I'm done, but I will be printing it up and mounting it onto pages to make a physical album for her. That's the other thing...I dont have to worry about if something happens to the album, like a fire or flood! It's all online & on disk! So, I can re-print it if needs be! Good stuff! Anyway, in case anyone is interested, here are a bunch of sites I found that have some great stuff. If anyone needs any help, let me know!

Gina Miller Designs
Heather Ann Designs
Scrapbook Graphics
Two Peas In A Bucket
Scrapbook Bytes
Scrap Artist
Shabby Princess

0 comments: