Sunday, August 27, 2006

SHE DID IT!!!

YAY!!! 14.5 months and she FINALLY took her first steps!! I'm so freaking happy!!!! Of course I'm a bit bummed for Todd because he was at work, but still! My friend Melaina was over and she was sitting on the couch talking to me while I was standing in the middle of the room. Ava was cruising around the room, as usual, and being girls, Lain and I were just talking away. Well Ava stood up next to the couch without holding on (she's done that a couple times already) and I was about to point it out to Lain when Ava reached for the other secion of the couch. It was too far and she knew she wanted to get there, so she took two steps forward, smiling the whole way! I just looked at my friend and said "OMG did you see that?!?" I think we were so into the conversation that we almost didn't even realize it had happend! She and I got so excited and Ava of course started feeding off the attention, so she did it 3 more times! I called Todd to tell him and he was so excited, but of course by then she was done. I tried getting out the camera to see if she would do it again, but she was done. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get it soon enough! Anyway, YAY!!

0 comments: