Monday, October 30, 2006

He has all the confidence in the world in me!

Ok funny story. Todd and I watched the Sixth Sense the other day. For those of you who don't know, there is a part in there where you see a mother pouring pine-sol into her daughter's food to keep her perpetually sick. The girl is actually one of the "dead people" that the kid sees. Anyway, so this morning I was just going about my day when I hear the doorknob giggling. You know how you think if something like that happens to you, your brain will function normally and you'll know exactly what to do? Well that apparently doesnt happen to me. I just stood there staring at the door wide eyed while my life flashed before my eyes. Then I saw it was Todd, home early from his 36 hour work day. He wanted to surprise me. Well, he did! I told him he has to call me next time. Anyway, he came home and started doing the dishes and I was getting Ava set up with breakfast and milk. I found her sippy cup lying on the floor, so I went over to the sink to wash it out. Todd had stepped into the other room for something. I filled the cup with water and then I was about to put a little dish soap into the cup when Todd comes in behind me and yells "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" and snatches the bottle out of my hands. Baffled, I just looked at the sippy cup and was wondering if I was using the wrong dish soap or something. He says "Oh, you're washing it." And bursts out laughing. So of course I start laughing because I'm so glad Todd has all the confidence in the world in me to leave me for 36 hours with our daughter when in the back of his mind he's wondering if I'm going to make her drink dishsoap for breakfast! Too funny!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my- that is sooo funny (kinda confusing though- what the heck was he thinking that for?) But I guess you two understand eachother! LOL

Fran