Friday, November 10, 2006

SHE'S HERE!!

My sister Jessica delivered her baby the other day and I got to be there for the whole thing!! I came in for visiting hours and I stuck to the room after they were over. (They only allow 2 adults other than the fater to be there- My mom, my sister Fran & Jack were all there.) The nurse asked me who was staying and I told her "Well, as many as you will allow!" Later, when it was getting time for Jess to push, I asked her if it was ok that I was there. She said "I don't mind, as long as you stick to the corner and keep quite, you should be fine." So, YAY I got to stay! It was wonderful! I was there when my sister Fran delivered her son, Collin, and now I was there for her twin, Jess to deliver her beautiful baby girl, Abigail Kate. Jess did great, and her husband, Jack, who doesn't do well around needles, did great too! At first we were worried around 9PM because she hadn't dialated much since 10AM and the doctor was tal;king about a C-section. We were all pretty upset, mostly for Jess, because we knew she didn't want that. The doctor said he would check her again in an hour and if she hadn't dialated, they were going to get ready to do the c-section. Well, when he checked her, she had gone from a 4 to a 6 1/2! Thank God!! Then shortly after that, around 11:30PM she started pushing! I know my brother wanted her to hold out (his birthday was the 9th) but Abby was ready to see the world! She was delivered at 11:51PM. She is 7lbs, 3oz, 21in. She has this perfect little pinks skin, big blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair. She is gorgeous! We didn't know her name, they wanted to keep it a surprise. And I'm so glad they did, because when they finally told us, Fran and I cried. Abigail Kate is a beautiful name!
My family has always been a little...how do you put it...clarevoyant? No, maybe connected is a better term. What I mean is, sometimes we get some strange instincts about each other. At 2:22AM on the 8th, my mom woke up. She had no idea why she had woken up at that time and thought "Hmmm, maybe Jess is in labor," and went back to sleep. Well, Jess woke up at 2:30AM and thought she had had her first contraction. By 5AM she knew she had. Then, my sister, and Jess' twin, Fran had a stomach ache the whole time Jess was in labor. Her belly would even tighten up sometimes too! Then, my sister Cheryl (who I thought for sure would have a dream about it or something...she has some insightfull dreams sometimes) thought the night before "I bet they are going to call her Abigail." Sure enough she was right!
So, now Ava isn't the baby anymore, but I'm sure she and Abby will be great friends since they are so close in age. Welcome to your big family Abby!!
Here are a few pictures I took:

Fran & Jess

Jack and Jess

Abby's first picture

Precious little foot

Precious little hand

Welcome to the world Abby!!

Meeting mommy

Me and Abby

Sweet little girl!

0 comments: